RSS
The story of one man as he embarks on the suicidal quest of watching a different movie every day for one year. The likely hood of success? Low. But it should be a hell of a ride anyways!

Day 3: Lawrence of Arabia




BEFORE I really do love history. I mean, let’s take a look at the fact that the past 2 movies are not modern pieces. They take place in the past. Oh, sure, Citizen Kane is fairly close, but it still not what one would call a modern day piece. It was very much a ‘Depression era’ film, an era in time that is as much removed from the modern subconscious as the founding of America.

Back on track here, Lawrence of Arabia. From what I remember the last time I saw this movie, I was somewhat overwhelmed. I had previously seen two other movies that day – Citizen Kane and Office Space – and it all just whizzled by me. I really have few memories of what I felt of it.

This time is different. My brain is refreshed, I have gone out of the way to ensure that I did not do any mentally taxing activities. This is it! I am going to watch Lawrence of Arabia, enjoy it immensely, and then write an intellectually stirring monologue on it like every other fancy pancy writer out there! Yes! Shake that fist in a manly and determine way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 The Year of the 365 Movies. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy